From Newcomer to Review Enthusiast: Getting Started with Reviews
Do you know what ICANN Reviews are and why they are important? If you are like many others we've talked to, you might appreciate an introduction to Reviews to help you figure out why you may want to learn more and get involved.
Reviews are crucial to understanding what happens when multistakeholder policies and processes meet the real world. They provide a way to evaluate ICANN's performance toward its commitments, much like a report card. The review process helps us look at the past to improve the future. As a tool to inspire continuous improvement, reviews tackle important topics, such as:
- Decision making reflective of the public interest (ATRT);
- Operational reliability and security of the Domain Name System (DNS) (SSR);
- Public access to accurate and complete domain registrant information (WHOIS)
- Impact from introduction of top level domains (CCT)
- Assessment of ICANN structures in terms of fulfilling their purpose and operating effectively (Organizational Reviews)
Find out why you should become involved and how easy it can be to start participating. Learn from experienced community members about how reviews shape and continuously improve ICANN policy. Find out how to get involved and how easy it is to get started.
|ATRT||Accountability and Transparency||Decision making reflective of the public interest|
|SSR||Security Stability and Resiliency||Operational reliability and security of the Domain Name System (DNS)|
|WHOIS||WHOIS||Public access to accurate and complete domain registrant information|
|CCT||Competition, Consumer Trust and Consumer Choice||Impact from introduction of top level domains|