Public Forum 2
The Public Forums are the open microphone sessions that afford community members the opportunity to make comments and ask questions directly to the Board and in front of the of the rest of the community.
As Board Chair Dr. Stephen Crocker detailed in his recent blog, A New Approach to an ICANN Institution: The Public Forum, beginning with ICANN55, there will be two Public Forums, one on Monday (7 March) and a second on Thursday (10 March). In order to accommodate as many questions/comments as possible, each speaker will be limited to two-minutes.
For transparency, a scribe feed is provided both in the room and via remote participation in real-time to allow all comments and questions raised during the session to be viewed by everyone.
Remote participants have the opportunity to raise questions and/or comments can occur via email. Those interested in asking a question may do so by addressing the question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welcome & Explanation of the new Public Forum format
- Time – 10-minutes (1330-1340)
- Presenter: Steve Crocker
- Answers to some previously raised questions
- Time – 20 Minutes (1340-1400)
- Facilitator – Steve Crocker
- Any Subjects of community interest (Block 1)
- Time – 1 Hour (1400-1500)
- Board Facilitator – Mike Silber
- Any Subjects of community interest (Block 2)
- Time – 55 Minutes (1500-1555)
- Board Facilitator – Cherine Chalaby
- Adjournment of Public Forum
- Time – 5-Minutes (1555-1600)
- Presenter – Steve Crocker