ICANN55 | Marrakech
Circuit de la Palmeraie BP |
1488 40000 Marrakech, Maroc | Tél : +212 (0) 524 368 760
For reserverations at Palmeraie Palace or Hotel du Golf, please visit: http://www.palmeraiemarrakech.com/en/
1. Select "Palmeraie Palace" or "Hotel du Golf" from the list of hotels
2. Select a date between 02 and 10 March 2016.
3. Enter the IATA code: ICANN2016
Questions? Please Contact: Loubna EL MEKKAOUI
Click here for a list of additional supporting hotels.
Travel and Visa
ICANN55 is just around the corner and ICANN and our hosts are working hard on the preparations and arrangements. In the meantime, we want to remind you that some participants may need a visa to visit Morocco. It's important to determine whether you need a visa, and to obtain one as quickly as possible to secure entry.
Visit Morocco's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation website for a complete list of exempt countries. If you need a visa, click here to request formal invitation letters for the meeting. You'll also need to contact your nearest Moroccan diplomatic mission to apply for a visa. If Morocco does not have diplomatic representation in your country, please submit your application directly to the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Consular and Social Affairs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, with the following attached documents:
- Copy of valid passport (at least six month of validity)
- Copy of the invitation letter
- Flight details (if available)
Don't forget to register for ICANN55 here and see you in Marrakech!
Community pre-travel advice
We look forward to a productive and enjoyable meeting in Marrakech. In order to ensure your safety at this and all ICANN meetings, we would like to present the following information. ICANN is working closely with the Moroccan government to ensure the security and safety of all participants. ICANN has and will continue to monitor all risks related to your security and safety, and will communicate with all participants should an issue of concern arise. Upon your arrival, an assistance telephone number will be shared with you. This assistance phone line will be active 24 hours a day and can be called for any emergency or question you may have. Furthermore, there will be a medical team on-site at the venue to help with medical issues.
As with all international travel, it is wise to be prepared and follow basic security and safety precautions.
- Before you leave, notify your bank, credit card company, or other financial institutions that you are traveling.
- Have a copy of your passport; when in Marrakech you can leave the original in your hotel safe.
- Ensure you are medically covered while traveling and have ample supply of medical prescriptions. Be aware that olive groves will be producing a significant amount of pollen in March, in case of any respiratory ailments.
- Do not forget sensible shoes, the streets in the tourist sector are cobbled and hard on your feet.
- Stay healthy during the meeting, get adequate rest, eat well and stay hydrated. When on travel anywhere in the world, it’s always recommended to drink bottled water to reduce risk of sickness.
- Maintain a low profile yet a high level of awareness when enjoying the local city life.
- Maintain a high level of information security. Do not give out personal information to strangers.
- Travel in groups, ensure you are familiar with your destination and how you will get back to your hotel.
- Observe and respect local clothing customs. Dress modestly to avoid drawing attention.
- In some countries, a lone female traveller is a source of curiosity: avoid traveling alone outside of hotels and populated establishments.
- If you are a victim of a crime, do not resist, follow the orders given by the attacker.