India Visa Application Guide
- DO I NEED AN INDIA VISA?
- OVERVIEW INDIA VISA APPLICATION
- DEADLINE AND TIMELINES
- INDIA VISA APPLICATION GUIDELINE
- INDIA VISA APPLICATION SAMPLE FORM
- ADDITIONAL PARTICULARS FORMS FOR VISA SERVICES SAMPLE FORM
DO I NEED AN INDIA VISA?
Are you a citizen of:
YES – Do not need a visa
NO – Answer question below
Do you have a diplomatic or official passport from:
DIPLOMATIC OR OFFICIAL PASSPORTS:
Argentina Egypt Mauritius Singapore Bangladesh El Salvador Mexico South Africa Belarus Guatemala Mongolia South Korea Brazil Guyana Morocco Sri Lanka Brunei Honduras Mozambique Syria Bulgaria Hungary Myanmar Tajikistan Cambodia Indonesia Namibia Thailand Chile Israel Nicaragua Tunisia Colombia Kazakhstan Paraguay Uruguay Croatia Kyrgyzstan Peru Venezuela Cyprus Laos Philippines Vietnam Denmark Malaysia Russia Ecuador Maldives Serbia
DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT ONLY:
Afghanistan Greece Norway Turkmenistan Armenia Japan Poland Ukraine Cuba Lithuania Romania France Macedonia Sweden Germany Malta Turkey
YES – Do not need a visa
NO – You will need an India Visa
OVERVIEW INDIA VISA APPLICATION
CONFIRM the nearest India diplomatic mission to apply for a visa.
ASSEMBLE required documents for your India Conference Visa Application
- 1 Qty. - Valid Passport
- 1 Qty. - Visa Application Form
- 1 Qty. - 2 x 2 Passport Photo
- 1 Qty. - ICANN Invitation Letter
- 1 Qty. - Local Host Letter
- 1 Qty. - Clearance Letter (download here)
- 1 Qty. - India Clarification Letter (download here)
- 1 Qty. - Flight Confirmation
- 1 Qty. - Hotel Confirmation
- 1 Qty. - Additional Particular Form For Visa Services
- 1 Qty. – India Visa Application Fee Payment
- Additional Required Documents (as required)
COMPLETE online visa application form (45-min process)
PRINT application form
SUBMIT your application package
Refer to instructions per the India visa website on how to submit your application and how to pay your fees to the nearest India visa processing company / diplomatic mission. Depending on the country, an in-person interview maybe required which will be determined at the time of submission.
CONFIRM visa processing time to make sure you will receive your visa before your date of departure.
RECEIVE your India visa
DEADLINE AND TIMELINES
- Start Visa Application
- Local Host Letter AKA Clearance Letter - 2 Working weeks to receive
- Visa Processing - 2 Working weeks to receive (may vary per location)
- ICANN Meeting - 3 - 9 November 2016
INDIA VISA APPLICATION GUIDELINE
CONFIRM the nearest India diplomatic mission to apply for a visa
PROVIDE your original current valid passport – 1 Qty.
- Your passport should be valid for 6-months beyond your stay in India. If your passport expires between August 2016 – April 2017, please re-new your passport.
- Have at least two (2) blank passport pages.
COMPLETE and PRINT India visa application form – 1 Qty.
- Apply for a "CONFERENCE" visa – you cannot apply for an e-visa. If you try to enter the country with an e-visa, you may be denied entry.
- Complete every questionnaire honestly and leaving no question blank. Any question where it does not apply to you; indicate "NA" or "NONE"
- Confirm the visa processing time with the processing company / diplomatic mission.
- Any errors on the printed form cannot be modified by pen/pencil at the time of submission.
PROVIDE recent 2 inch x 2 inch passport type photograph – 1 Qty.
- Photo must be in color, front view, and with a plain/white background.
- No head covering / no hats.
- Have a soft AND hard copy.
REQUEST ICANN Invitation Letter - 1 Qty.
- Allow estimated 2-3 working days to receive.
RECEIVE Local Host Letter
- By applying for the ICANN Invitation Letter, ICANN will submit all information provided on the application page to the meeting local host for the purpose of obtaining a local host letter automatically. The local host will email the "Local Host Letter" directly to you.
- Allow estimated 2 working weeks to receive.
- Please check your junk/spam folder if you've received the local host letter. Please do not apply twice on the Invitation Letter website for a letter.
- DOWNLOAD and PRINT Clearance Letter (download here)
DOWNLOAD and PRINT India Clarification Letter (download here) – 1 Qty.
PROVIDE Draft Flight Itinerary – 1 Qty.
PROVIDE Hotel Confirmation – 1 Qty.
COMPLETE Additional Particular Form for Visa Services – 1 Qty.
- Have all questions answered with a "YES" or "NO." Do not use "N/A", "Not Applicable", or "None"
- Do not have any corrections visible, crossing, or white out, and the signature must be original.
- Either type or entirely handwrite the form. If handwritten, the same color ink must be used.
PROVIDE India Visa Application Fee Payment – 1 Qty.
CONFIRM with India visa processing company/diplomatic missions on how to submit and pay for your completed application.
INDIA VISA APPLICATION SAMPLE FORM
Please use Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari internet browsers when applying for the visa online. Do not use Internet Explorer.
Click on "Regular Visa Application"
Continue Completing Online Visa Application
UNDER VISA TYPE SELECT: Conference / Seminar Visa
PLEASE WRITE DOWN YOUR TEMPORARY APPLICATION ID. You will need this ID in case you need to return to your application at a later time.
NAME OF EVENT: ICANN 57 Hyderabad
DATE OF EVENT: 3 November 2016
VENUE OF THE EVENT: Hyderabad International Convention Centre
NAME OF ORGANIZER: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
ADDRESS OF ORGANIZER: Electronics Niketan, 6, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi, 110003
PHONE OF ORGANIZER: 91 11 24301432
NO. OF ENTRIES: Single
PURPOSE OF VISIT: Seminar/Conference
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Electronics Niketan, 6, CGO Complex
Lodhi Road, New Delhi, 110003
91 11 24301432
This can be your neighbor, employer, or colleague. The reference cannot be a close relative/spouse/or someone living with you under the same roof.
Attach and upload soft copy of your passport type photo.
Confirm / Validate you provided the correct information on your application. If accurate and correct, press "Verified and Continue."
Press "Modify/Edit" if you need to make changes.
Print your application form
You receive a NEW WEB REFERENCE NUMBER from the government site which will now be the number to be used to track the status of your VISA application and for all references to your application.
Paste your hard copy passport type photograph to your application.
Sign the application – in two places:
- 1st Page – Beneath your color photograph
- 2nd Page – End of Page
Signature on the application form and passport should match.