Welcome to Hyderabad! Tips for staying safe and healthy during ICANN 57
ICANN 57 has officially kicked off and the convention centre has begun filling with people. We at the Health and Safety team would like to welcome everybody to India and wish everybody a safe and pleasant time in Hyderabad. Below are some tips to make sure your time at ICANN 57 goes as smoothly as possible.
The Health and Safety Centre (HSC)
- You can visit the HSC, located on the ground floor of the convention centre, for any needs or questions you may have.
- We have a clinic within the HSC, including a doctor and ambulance available 24/7 in case you require medical assistance.
- For medical or security help, please contact the HSC. This information may also be found on the back of your conference badge.
- Main/International phone: +1 424 488 6710
- Local phone: +91 889 720 1205;
- Email (for non-urgent enquiries): firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety during your stay
- Our venue is a world-class convention centre, and we have worked closely with venue staff and local police to ensure adequate support measures are in place for the large turnout we are expecting.
- If you plan to travel into the city during your time here, be sure to remain aware of your surroundings and belongings, particularly in crowded areas such as The Charminar, Old City, and Golconda Fort.
- While in the city, try to avoid the vicinity of any large gatherings, such as political demonstrations or religious processions, as a routine security measure and to minimise inconvenience.
- Tap water is generally unsafe to drink. Drink boiled or bottled water, or carbonated beverages, provided that the seal is intact. Also, use bottled water when brushing your teeth.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before eating, and always choose fresh food that has been thoroughly cooked and is served hot.
- Do not eat food made by street vendors. Street or market food may contain untreated tap water, and the cooking utensils may not have been properly cleaned.